USTelecom is the leading voice of the broadband innovation industry. Our members are committed to building the networks that connect communities everywhere to the power and promise of high-speed internet, and to deploying the transformative new services and technologies they enable. The association’s mission is to advance broadband’s future and deliver bottom-line results for our members, promoting a policy environment that fosters innovation, encourages investment, buoys economic growth, and creates business opportunity and success for our industry, our affiliates, our partners, and the diverse communities and customers they serve. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic and forward-looking companies – urban and rural, publicly traded and privately held – we are leading the national technology and innovation conversation, and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century.
USTelecom is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring, advancement and professional development. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Assistant Vice President of Policy and Advocacy will join a team that leads the association’s advocacy efforts before the Executive Branch, regulatory agencies, courts, and other government entities. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, an excellent writer, well-organized and flexible with an ability to simultaneously work on a variety of complex policy matters – including those issues they lead and in support of other team members. They will regularly engage with our members, partners, policymakers and other stakeholders to advance member business goals, and bolster USTelecom’s mission, agenda, visibility, leadership, and growth.
- Implement a focused strategic advocacy plan for priority issues critical to our members’ business interests.
- Coordinate and lead regular in-person and video conference meetings of USTelecom members.
- Draft regulatory pleadings before federal agencies.
- Review and summarize regulatory actions and comments in relevant proceedings.
- Develop litigation strategies in consultation with General Counsel and outside counsel.
- Represent the association in meetings with policymakers and external organizations.
- Attend and participate in relevant industry events.
- Collaborate closely across teams within the association, with our members, and with external stakeholders to maximize USTelecom’s effectiveness and growth.
- Three to five years of experience in the legal profession and/or in relevant policy roles.
- Experience working on issues relevant to the broadband/internet/technology community.
- Knowledge and experience related to wireline and wireless infrastructure policy and legal issues desired.
- Knowledge of federal communications law, regulatory process and agency workings.
- Prior government experience related to communications/technology policy desired, but not required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Commitment to the Association’s values of respect, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace and beyond.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- J.D. or other advanced degree preferred.
USTelecom offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, and a Metro-accessible location in Washington DC. Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant Vice President of Policy & Advocacy” in the subject line. No phone calls please.