March 7, 2022
USTelecom is the leading voice of the broadband innovation industry. Our members have long demonstrated their multi-billion-dollar commitment to building the networks that connect communities everywhere to the power and promise of high-speed internet, and to deploying the transformative new services and technologies they enable. The association’s mission is to advance broadband’s future and deliver bottom-line results for our members, promoting a policy environment that fosters innovation, encourages investment, buoys economic growth, and creates business opportunity and success for our industry, our affiliates, and our partners. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic and forward-looking companies – urban and rural, publicly traded and privately held – we are leading the national technology and innovation conversation, and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century.
Working closely with USTelecom’s advocacy teams, the Assistant Vice President of Research and Policy Analysis will lead the association’s research, economic analysis and data collection efforts to strategically support and amplify key messaging for the broadband industry. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, an excellent writer, a strategic and forward-looking thinker, able to analyze and synthesize complex data sets, organized and flexible with an ability to simultaneously work on a variety of complex policy matters. S/he also will regularly engage with our members, partners, and other stakeholders to advance our members’ business goals, and bolster USTelecom’s mission, agenda, visibility, leadership, and growth.
- Regularly convene and work with policy leaders within the USTelecom membership to conceptualize, draft and deliver policy and economic research briefs, industry reports, one-pagers and other written advocacy materials.
- Develop engagement opportunities with a range of external organizations including think tanks, economists, academics, thought leaders, public interest organizations, related technology organizations and enterprises, and others on core issues of importance to membership.
- Work closely across teams on the implementation of a focused strategic advocacy plan for priority issues critical to USTelecom members’ business interests.
- Represent the association in meetings with policymakers and external organizations.
- Operate in a team culture that prioritizes collaboration, inclusion, respect, and communication, and requires consistent, and pro-active commitment to member services, support, and engagement.
- Proven track record writing and presenting analysis and commentary on policy and economic dimensions of communications and technology.
- Experience working on issues relevant to the broadband/internet/ technology community.
- Knowledge and experience related to wireline and wireless infrastructure policy issues desired, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to the Association’s values of respect, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace and beyond.
USTelecom offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, and a Metro-accessible location in Washington DC. Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com with “AVP of Research and Policy Analysis” in the subject line. No phone calls please. For more information on USTelecom, please visit www.ustelecom.org
USTelecom takes pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.