USTelecom is the leading voice of and advocate for the broadband innovation industry. Our members have long demonstrated their multi-billion-dollar commitment to building the networks that connect communities everywhere to the power and promise of high-speed internet, and to deploying the transformative new services and technologies they enable. The association’s mission is to advance broadband’s future and deliver bottom-line results for our members, promoting a policy environment that fosters innovation, encourages investment, buoys economic growth, and creates opportunity and success for our industry, our affiliates, our partners and the diverse communities, families and enterprises they serve. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic and forward-looking companies – urban and rural, U.S.-based and global, publicly traded and privately held – we are leading the national technology innovation conversation, supporting and securing our digital economy, and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century.
The Communications Coordinator works with the Communications & Public Affairs team generating and gathering press briefing materials, drafting external and internal facing documents, monitoring media coverage, and collecting and analyzing earned media metrics to help guide strategic messaging and outreach.
- Draft and distribute statements, press releases/media advisories, blogs, op-eds, newsletters, interview briefs, and meeting prep materials
- Compile and distribute daily news clips and maintain USTelecom media lists
- Track and analyze all earned media metrics
- Assist in the promotion and execution of public and internal facing events, including forums and webinars
- Coordinate creation and distribution of infographics
- Monitor and collect member news and promote it across all platforms
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Operate in a team culture that prioritizes collaboration, inclusion, diversity, respect, and communication, and requires consistent and pro-active commitment to member services, support, and engagement
Excellent written and verbal communications skills and presentation skills. The ideal candidate will have one to three years’ work experience in the communications or marketing field. Up-to-date on the latest digital technologies and social media tools. Creativity and enthusiasm.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related area.
USTelecom offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, a flexible, collaborative, team-oriented and hybrid work environment, and a Metro-accessible location in Washington DC. Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line.
USTelecom takes great pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.