USTelecom is the leading voice of the broadband innovation industry. Our members are committed to building the networks that connect communities everywhere to the power and promise of high-speed internet, and to deploying the transformative new services and technologies they enable. The association’s mission is to advance broadband’s future and deliver bottom-line results for our members, promoting a policy environment that fosters innovation, connects communities, encourages investment, buoys economic growth, and creates business opportunity and success for our industry, our affiliates, our partners, and the diverse communities and customers they serve. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic and forward-looking companies – urban and rural, publicly traded and privately held – we are leading the national technology and innovation conversation, and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century.
USTelecom is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring, advancement and professional development. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Senior Director of Government Affairs will join a team that develops and implements legislative strategies supporting the association’s advocacy on Capitol Hill with a primary focus on maintaining relationships and coordinating with Democratic Members and staff in the House of Representatives. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, an excellent writer, well-organized and flexible with an ability to simultaneously work on a variety of complex policy matters. You will also regularly engage with our members, partners, and other stakeholders to advance USTelecom’s agenda.
- Develop, coordinate and implement a focused strategic advocacy plan for priority issues critical to our members’ business interests.
- Track, summarize and update USTelecom members on relevant legislation.
- Represent the association in meetings with policymakers and external organizations.
- Collaborate closely across teams within the association, with our members, and with external stakeholders to advance USTelecom’s advocacy priorities.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on Capitol Hill, in government relations, political affairs or in relevant policy roles.
- Experience working on issues relevant to the broadband/internet/technology community preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Commitment to the Association’s values of respect, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace and beyond.
USTelecom offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, and a Metro-accessible location in Washington DC. Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com with “Senior Director of Government Affairs” in the subject line. No phone calls please.