USTelecom is the leading voice of and advocate for the broadband innovation industry. Our members have long demonstrated their multi-billion-dollar commitment to building the networks that connect communities everywhere to the power and promise of high-speed internet, and to deploying the transformative new services and technologies they enable. The association’s mission is to advance broadband’s future and deliver bottom-line results for our members, promoting a policy environment that fosters innovation, encourages investment, buoys economic growth, and creates opportunity and success for our industry, our affiliates, our partners and the diverse communities, families and enterprises they serve. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic and forward-looking companies – urban and rural, U.S.-based and global, publicly traded and privately held – we are leading the national technology innovation conversation, supporting and securing our digital economy, and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century.
The Senior Vice President, Policy & Advocacy will serve as the principal strategic leader for the association’s advocacy efforts before the White House and Executive Branch, regulatory agencies, courts and other government entities. The ideal candidate will have a clear vision for how to deliver consistent ROI to the association’s growing membership, to implement effective strategies that anticipate and stay ahead of the rapidly evolving technologies, business models and services that comprise the broadband innovation industry, and to creatively and proactively engage our members, partners and other stakeholders to advance USTelecom’s mission, agenda, visibility, leadership, and growth.
- Work with USTelecom’s members, CEOs and senior management to develop, prioritize, and execute a focused advocacy agenda critical to our members’ business interests, ensuring they are able to compete effectively in a rapidly evolving broadband marketplace
- Lead an advocacy team that thinks strategically to consistently deliver positive bottom-line results for our members, and excellence in member services, support, and engagement
- Oversee and coordinate the association’s litigation and related legal efforts
- Raise the industry’s and association’s presence, impact and thought-leadership through active participation in events and industry-expert platforms
- Operate in a team culture that prioritizes collaboration, inclusion, diversity, respect, and communication, and requires consistent and pro-active commitment to member services, support, and engagement
- Inclusive, motivating, innovative and proven team leader and manager
- Exceptional track record of excellence and recognized leadership in the legal profession and/or communications policy roles
- Substantial, proven expertise in issues relevant to the broadband/internet/technology community
- Broad professional network of industry, policy, governmental, and advocacy professionals
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to weigh big picture objectives with immediate business needs
J.D., related advanced degree and/or commensurate professional experience
USTelecom offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, a flexible, collaborative, team-oriented and hybrid work environment, and a Metro-accessible location in Washington DC. Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SVP-Policy & Advocacy” in the subject line.
USTelecom takes great pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.