USTelecom is the leading voice of and advocate for the broadband innovation industry. Our members have long demonstrated their multi-billion-dollar commitment to building the networks that connect communities everywhere to the power and promise of high-speed internet, and to deploying the transformative new services and technologies they enable. The association’s mission is to advance broadband’s future and deliver bottom-line results for our members, promoting a policy environment that fosters innovation, encourages investment, buoys economic growth, and creates opportunity and success for our industry, our affiliates, our partners and the diverse communities, families and enterprises they serve. Working with some of the world’s most dynamic and forward-looking companies – urban and rural, U.S.-based and global, publicly traded and privately held – we are leading the national technology innovation conversation, supporting and securing our digital economy, and redefining policy advocacy for the 21st century.
Leveraging the most impactful tools, platforms, insights, data, and technology driving today’s most cutting-edge strategic advocacy, and working closely with USTelecom’s advocacy teams, the Vice President Strategic Communications will lead the association’s communications efforts to strategically advocate for and amplify the important achievements, contributions, and interests of the dynamic broadband innovation ecosystem we proudly represent.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and excellent storyteller and writer, a strategic, entrepreneurial and out of the box thinker and doer, highly organized and flexible with an ability to comfortably work simultaneously and often on deadline on a variety of complex policy matters. S/he also will regularly engage with our members, partners, and other stakeholders to advance our members’ business goals, and bolster USTelecom’s mission, agenda, visibility, leadership and growth.
- Grow, engage, and lead USTelecom’s communications team
- Engage regularly with media, industry, and other stakeholders to help shape the national conversation about the future of broadband innovation
- Promote and support the CEO, association leaders, and senior staff executives in reaching key audiences via targeted media opportunities, opinion pieces and blogs, as well as high impact public events, presentations, and speeches
- Develop and execute proactive, creative campaigns to amplify USTelecom’s voice and educate policy makers on key issues
- Work closely with all teams providing communications counsel to ensure message accuracy and consistency
- Operate in a team culture that prioritizes collaboration, inclusion, diversity, respect, and communication, and requires consistent, and pro-active and deep commitment to member services, support, and engagement
- Expertise developing communications plans aligning internal, external, and stakeholder communications with association priorities
- Ability to weigh big picture objectives with immediate business needs
- Experience managing high-performing teams
- Excellent writing, editing, and messaging skills
- Ability to thrive and succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- 10+ years of communications/public affairs experience
- Established relationships with tech, business and policy media
- Ability to take initiative; motivated and self-starting
USTelecom offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, a flexible, collaborative, team-oriented and hybrid work environment, and a Metro-accessible location in Washington DC. Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VP of Strategic Communications” in the subject line. For more information on USTelecom, please visit www.ustelecom.org.