January 17, 2022
The FCC launched the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) – the successor to the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program – approved in the bipartisan Infrastructure Act – to help struggling households pay for internet service.
Our nation’s broadband providers have remained committed to keeping Americans connected during the pandemic. On May 12th, the FCC launched its new Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program to help struggling households pay for internet service. USTelecom is excited to spread the word about this important initiative to communities and families who need it most.
The $3.2 billion program provides eligible households with up to $50 per month ($75 on Tribal lands) for internet service as well as a one-time discount of up to $100 towards a laptop, desktop computer or tablet. The benefit will be available until the funds are depleted or until six months after the end of the pandemic.
The broad range of providers across the country that eagerly stepped up to participate in the EBB program is another sign of broadband providers’ commitment to delivering affordable connectivity solutions. Hats off to the FCC for standing the program up quickly and thoughtfully.” USTelecom President and CEO Jonathan Spalter
For questions about the EBB program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
USTelecom Members Participating in the EBB Program Include:
- Alaska Communications
- Beggs Telephone Co.
- Blackfoot Communications
- Chariton Valley
- Chickasaw Telephone Company
- Darien Telephone Company
- DUO Broadband
- Frontier Communications
- Great Plains Communications
- Hamilton Telephone Company
- Hot Springs Telephone Co.
- Highland Telephone Cooperative
- Jefferson Telecom
- Lincoln County Telephone System, Inc.
- Moapa Valley Telephone Company
- Monon Telephone Company
- Oneida Telephone Exchange
- Pattersonville Telephone Company
- Pennsylvania Telephone Company
- Pottawatomie Telephone Co.
- REV Broadband
- Ritter Communications
- Riviera Telephone Company
- Southwest Texas Communications
- Thacker-Grigsby Communications
- TSC – Hanson Communications Inc.
- Union Springs Telephone Company
- Wabash Communications
- WNM Communications